Make: HOLDEN
Driver: Greg Murphy
Team: Holden Racing Team

2017 Brad Jones Racing - News / Updates

Post by kennymiesta » Wed Oct 26, 2016 8:59 pm

Speedcafe.com

Percat a done deal at BJR
Nick Percat

Brad Jones Racing has finally confirmed that Nick Percat will join its Albury-based squad in 2017.

The announcement follows yesterday’s confirmation of Jason Bright’s impending departure following seven seasons with the squad.

Percat joins BJR after two largely trying seasons at LDM that have been highlighted by a Clipsal 500 victory and Bathurst podium this year.

A former Walkinshaw protege, the 28-year-old South Australian remains highly rated in the paddock and is expected to shine in BJR’s Holden equipment.

“It will be great to work with the team at BJR,” said Percat.

“They are a respected Holden team and one I’ve wanted to work with for quite a while now.

“I couldn’t be happier with the announcement and I’m looking forward to hitting the ground running.

“It also means I’ll be working with the two Tim’s again – Slade and Blanchard.

“I was team-mates with Slade in 2014 and Blanchard in 2015 and we worked really well together.

“Plus we’ve been friends for many years, so it’s the perfect fit for me.”

Team owner Brad Jones says that he’s had an eye on Percat for several years.

“I’m really eager to see how Nick goes next year,” he said.

“I’ve been keeping an eye on him over the years and watched his success in Formula Ford and especially the Dunlop Series.

“There is no doubt that Nick has a lot of talent behind the wheel.

“If you look at our team history with unlocking driver talent, I think Nick will be yet another driver we can get to the front.

“He is undeniably fast.”

Bright’s future is currently unclear, although the 43-year-old is known to be working on remaining in the category full-time.

CLICK HERE for more on Bright’s future.
There's nothing quite like a Holden

kennymiesta
Clerk of Course
Clerk of Course
Make: HOLDEN
Driver: Greg Murphy
Team: Holden Racing Team

Re: 2017 Brad Jones Racing - News / Updates

Post by kennymiesta » Thu Jun 22, 2017 6:29 pm

Speedcafe.com

Hazelwood lands BJR enduro drive
Todd Hazelwood will join Tim Blanchard for this year’s Pirtek Enduro Cup

Todd Hazelwood will make his Supercars’ Pirtek Enduro Cup debut with Brad Jones Racing following confirmation of the team’s co-driver line-up.

The Dunlop Super2 Series contender is now gearing up for his maiden Supercars race having been selected to join Tim Blanchard in the #21 Cooldrive entry.

Brad Jones Racing will field a second new pairing with Macauley Jones switching from the #21 to join Nick Percat in the #8 car, while Ash Walsh continues alongside Tim Slade in the Freightliner Racing Commodore.

Hazelwood emerged as contender for the seat after being called up for test at a wet Winton last month.

The 21-year-old described the opportunity as a proud moment of his burgeoning Supercars career.

“I am very proud and excited to be joining Tim Blanchard and Team CoolDrive in the 2017 Pirtek Endurance Cup,” said Hazelwood.

“I look forward to the challenge and seeing what Tim and I can achieve together.

“Tim has a great team around him at Brad Jones Racing and after working alongside the crew at Winton I can see myself fitting in really well and getting the most out of myself in the car.

“Although I have only driven the CoolDrive Commodore in the wet around Winton, I felt really comfortable and cannot wait to do some dry running soon.”

“Being my first endurance campaign I will be learning at a great rate and taking in as much as I can to assist Tim.

Macauley Jones will partner Nick Percat

“The BJR team showed last year their cars have great potential during the endurance season and I feel with the right preparation Tim and I can really put together some strong results.”

Confirmation of BJR’s line-up sees Andrew Jones, son of team co-owner Kim Jones, put on the sidelines having co-driven for the team after stepping back from full-time commitments in 2009.

“I’ve achieved some great things in my Supercars career and worked with some fantastic people,” said Andrew Jones.

“There are many fond memories from over the years; it’s now time for me to step back and give another guy a chance.

“Todd Hazelwood is a great kid and works really hard to be where he is. It will be great to have him as a part of the team and see what he can do.”

Meanwhile, Macauley Jones is eagerly awaiting his chance to partner 2011 Bathurst 1000 winner Nick Percat, with his enduro preparation boosted by wildcard appearances at Winton and Hidden Valley Raceway.

“I’ve been racing go-karts with Nick over the past couple of months and we’ve been helping each other out a lot,” said Macauley Jones.

“We’re working really well together and I’m eager to see what this new opportunity brings.

“I feel my preparation going into this has been my best yet so I can’t wait to get on track for the biggest and best races on the Supercars calendar.”

Team boss Brad Jones is confident the new pairings will deliver.

“Macauley and Todd are doing a brilliant job in the Super2 Series and the new pairings will provide them both with a fresh challenge,” said Brad Jones
“I believe they will both rise to the occasion and do a great job, and Nick and Tim agree.”

The announcement leaves Lucas Dumbrell Motorsport as the only team yet to confirm its enduro driver line up.
There's nothing quite like a Holden