Senior Official
Make: HOLDEN
Driver: Garth Tander
Team: Walkinshaw Racing

2016 Prodrive Racing Australia - News / Updates

Post by robhealy86 » Wed Feb 03, 2016 5:32 pm

Prodrive splits Winterbottom, Mostert in pitlane

http://www.speedcafe.com/2016/02/03/pro ... n-pitlane/

Prodrive has split star drivers Mark Winterbottom and Chaz Mostert in the V8 Supercars pitlane this season.

The release of the V8 Supercars pitlane order today has confirmed the pairings for all 13 pit booms.

The list reveals that Chaz Mostert has been moved into the team’s #55 Rod Nash Racing entry, which shares with Chris Pither’s Super Black Ford.

Winterbottom is meanwhile partnered with ‘TBA’ in car #6, which will be fielded for the soon-to-be-announced Cameron Waters.

While commercial considerations have been stated as the reason for the split, the change crucially ensures that the squad will not have to ‘stack’ its star drivers in pitstops.

The pitlane order is set off of the previous year’s Teams’ Championship result, with grouping applied where appropriate.

As expected, the Red Bull Holdens of Jamie Whincup and Shane van Gisbergen share the first garage, with Triple Eight’s third driver Craig Lowndes and Tekno runner Will Davison next door.

Further down the order, Charlie Schwerkolt’s new Team 18 will work with Brad Jones Racing on pitstops for their respective Lee Holdsworth and Tim Blanchard driven cars.

robhealy86
Senior Official
Senior Official

Re: 2016 Prodrive Racing Australia - News / Updates

Post by robhealy86 » Wed Feb 03, 2016 5:46 pm

This is such a genius move by PRA! I've thought about this in the past & often wondered why other teams haven't tried this on before. It makes so much sense to split the main drivers & pair them with the other "'customer"' entries as it takes away the double-stack scenario - the drivers all sit in the same debriefs & share data but come race-time you can maximise the results without compromise! I guess having separate title sponsors (Bottle O & Supercheap) helps as I couldn't see T8 or HRT (in the past) doing this with the same title sponsor on both cars splitting into two garages.

Mike D
Moderator Team
Moderator Team
Make: FORD
Driver: David Reynolds
Team: DJR/Team Penkse

Post by Mike D » Thu Feb 04, 2016 6:53 am

robhealy86 wrote:This is such a genius move by PRA!
Words rarely heard in motorsport when discussing PRA/FPR pit work.

I have to agree, though.
...and now I'll go back to my side of the planet.

robhealy86
Senior Official
Senior Official

Post by robhealy86 » Thu Feb 04, 2016 5:32 pm

Mike D wrote:
robhealy86 wrote:This is such a genius move by PRA!
Words rarely heard in motorsport when discussing PRA/FPR pit work.

I have to agree, though.
That's so true Mike! :grin:

Having thought more about splitting Winterbottom & Mostert, I'm not so sure it is a good idea after all. What are they trying to achieve by that? Whilst this ensures they maximise points for the drivers championship (double-stacking is avoided), it pretty much guarantees they won't win the teams championship & in turn will cost them positions in the pit-lane for 2017. Up until this year Winterbottom & Mostert were scoring points for a single team in PRA. Now they will be scoring points for two different teams: Winterbottom/Waters for PRA & Mostert/Pither for RNR/SBR. Having your gun drivers separated in essentially two different teams won't work out well when up against Whincup/Van Gisbergen for T8, Tander/Courtney for HRT, Coulthard/Pye for DJRTP, McLaughlin/Moffat for GRM, etc. So whilst it maximises each driver’s chances in the drivers championship it will hurt your chances in the teams championship.

kennymiesta
Clerk of Course
Clerk of Course
Driver: Greg Murphy
Team: Holden Racing Team

Post by kennymiesta » Sun Sep 04, 2016 11:07 am

Speedcafe.com

Prodrive reveals Supercheap retro livery
Mostert with Supercheap’s throwback scheme

Prodrive is the first team to unveil a throwback livery for Supercars’ retro themed Sandown 500.

Chaz Mostert and Steve Owen will campaign the colours that Steven Ellery raced with under the Supercheap Auto banner in 2002.

The Supercheap scheme is one of several ‘retro’ looks expected for the event, which Supercars has encouraged teams to embrace.

Ellery in action at the 2002 Clipsal 500

Supercars is also promoting rockabilly bands, themed food vans and prizes for fans who dress in retro clothing.

The category is emphasising the extensive history of Australian touring car racing at Sandown ahead of what could be the final contract extension for the event before redevelopment claims the Melbourne circuit.

Supercheap Auto General Manager of Marketing, David Bauer says the Ellery livery has been chosen for Sandown due to its memorable purple colour.

The 2002 season was a difficult one for Ellery’s family-run team, with the Queenslander finishing 21st in the standings.

“Supercheap Auto are celebrating 20 years in Supercars next year so we had a range of different liveries to choose from but we felt the 2002 livery with the purple was quite memorable,” said Bauer.

Mostert has scored five pole positions this season but heads to Sandown without a win in over 12 months.

The 24-year-old, who drive Dick Johnson Racing’s Greens-Tuf retro Ford at Bathurst in 2013, says he’s looking forward to donning Ellery’s colours.

The original car, SER2, will be on display at Sandown

“It’s really cool to be able to take a look back through all of Supercheap Auto’s old liveries and have one on our car at Sandown,” said Mostert.

“Supercars has such a long history and to be able to celebrate that with a brand that has been in the sport for as long as it has is really exciting.

“The car looks pretty different with the purple on it but I’m really keen to get it out on the track with my co-driver Steve Owen and give it a good run.

“I’m growing the mo’ back for it. We’ve got some pretty cool retro-inspired race suits to wear too so I’m excited.”

Restored to its original colours by South Australian racer Bruce Heinrich, Ellery’s 2002 Falcon will be on display at the September 16-18 Sandown event.

The car’s history included finishing runner-up in the 2004 Development Series in the hands of Luke Youlden.

Others expected to run throwback schemes at Sandown include Youlden’s current home, DJR Team Penske, and Craig Lowndes’ TeamVortex.

Prodrive is the first team to unveil retro colours
There's nothing quite like a Holden

camaroguy
Moderator Team
Moderator Team
Driver: Shane Van Gisbergen
Team: Holden Racing Team

Post by camaroguy » Tue Sep 06, 2016 6:13 am

looks ok. could've done a better job at it.
Hp is how fast you hit the wall.

Torque is how far you push it.