Clerk of Course
Make: HOLDEN
Driver: Greg Murphy
Team: Holden Racing Team

2015 Brad Jones Racing - News / Updates

Post by kennymiesta » Tue Oct 13, 2015 9:04 pm

Speedcafe.com

TIM SLADE TO REPLACE FABIAN COULTHARD AT BJR

Tim Slade will make the switch from Walkinshaw to Brad Jones Racing next season, Speedcafe.com has learned.

BJR has moved quickly to fill the seat previously held by Fabian Coulthard, who was officially confirmed at DJR Team Penske earlier today.

The 30-year-old Slade has spent the last two seasons at Walkinshaw, driving the squad’s Supercheap Auto backed third entry.

Supercheap is expected to switch to Prodrive Racing Australia next year, triggering the move for Slade.

The South Australian has made over 200 V8 Supercars Championship starts since his debut in 2009. Finishing second on five occasions, he is still looking for his first race win.

Led by Coulthard, BJR has proven a frequent race winner since the Car of the Future was introduced in 2013.

The remainder of the team’s line-up remains uncertain, with Jason Bright and Dale Wood both out of contract.

David Reynolds had earlier been in discussions to fill Coulthard’s BJR seat, but appears to have pinned his hopes on being retained at Prodrive.

Walkinshaw Racing meanwhile insists it will continue to field all four of its entries next year, despite the impending exit of Supercheap and Slade.
There's nothing quite like a Holden

Mike D
Moderator Team
Moderator Team
Make: FORD
Driver: David Reynolds
Team: DJR/Team Penkse

Re: 2015 Brad Jones Racing - News / Updates

Post by Mike D » Sun Oct 18, 2015 1:28 am

I am assuming Supercheap is staying on as the main sponsor of the car? If so, that is good for Pro Drive. Now, who to put behind the wheel? Cam?

robhealy86
Senior Official
Senior Official
Driver: Garth Tander
Team: Walkinshaw Racing

Post by robhealy86 » Sun Oct 18, 2015 6:07 pm

Mike D wrote:I am assuming Supercheap is staying on as the main sponsor of the car? If so, that is good for Pro Drive. Now, who to put behind the wheel? Cam?
Which car are you refering to, Mike?

Freightliner will remain on the #14 (now Slade) BJR car as they have a multi-year deal. Supercheap Auto are leaving Walkinshaw for PRA. The #47 Walkinshaw car is apparently likely to go to Pither (with Ice Break Coffee) or Moffat (if Nissan can't find sponsorship for him).

Mike D
Moderator Team
Moderator Team

Post by Mike D » Mon Oct 19, 2015 1:06 am

Supercheap is said to switch to PRA next year. This will be the 4th PRA car or will it take over for Bottle-O?
...and now I'll go back to my side of the planet.

kennymiesta
Clerk of Course
Clerk of Course

Post by kennymiesta » Mon Oct 19, 2015 3:42 pm

Mike D wrote:Supercheap is said to switch to PRA next year. This will be the 4th PRA car or will it take over for Bottle-O?
PepsiMax is said to be scaling down to one car, with the other taking up SuperCheap backing. I believe Chaz will adore the SuperCheap colours but am not 100% sure. I think Bottle-O will be back next year, it is more down to who will be driving it at the moment.

robhealy86
Senior Official
Senior Official

Post by robhealy86 » Tue Dec 01, 2015 5:27 pm

Blanchard completes new BJR line-up for 2016

http://www.speedcafe.com/2015/12/01/bla ... -for-2016/

Tim Blanchard will switch from Lucas Dumbrell Motorsport to Brad Jones Racing next season, completing the Albury-based team’s new line-up.

BJR has today confirmed both the signing of Blanchard and the retention of Jason Bright, who continues with the team for a seventh season.

Blanchard slots into the #21 Holden currently campaigned by Dale Wood, who has left to join Nissan Motorsport.

The announcement follows last week’s confirmation that Tim Slade will replace the DJR Team Penske-bound Fabian Coulthard in BJR’s #14 entry.

Twenty-eight-year-old Blanchard has two full-time V8 Supercars seasons under his belt, competing with Dick Johnson Racing in 2013 before linking with LDM this year.

Blanchard says he’s looking forward to learning from his experienced team-mates next season.

“I’m pretty excited to join Brad Jones Racing next year, they are proven race winners and have a lot of history in racing,” he said.

“Jason Bright has extensive experience in the sport and I was a team-mate with Tim Slade in Formula Fords.

“I’ve got history with those guys and am looking forward to working with them again.

“Working in a family team environment will be great. I think it will be well suited to my personality and the way I like to go racing, I think it will work really well.

“We’ve got a long family history in motorsport; same as the Jones family so being associated with a family team is good.”

Team owner Brad Jones says that Blanchard, who carries backing from family company Cooldrive, has the potential to improve on his modest results in V8 Supercars to date.

“I think Tim has a great racing pedigree, he is a third generation driver and his family have been around racing their whole life,” said Jones.

“I’m very excited that he is joining the team next year and I think he will fit in well with the team we have here.

“Looking at Tim’s history he was a state and national karting champion, won the Australian Formula Ford Championship in 2007, travelled to England and was the runner up in the Formula Ford Championship there.

“Tim has been improving all season with LDM and we are really looking forward to working with him to continue his progression up the grid in 2016.”

kennymiesta
Clerk of Course
Clerk of Course

Post by kennymiesta » Tue Dec 01, 2015 7:37 pm

At least they wont have a bloke there who is going to take out the other teams cars anymore. I think Wood hit the BJR cars more than any other car on the track

Mike D
Moderator Team
Moderator Team

Post by Mike D » Wed Dec 02, 2015 4:36 am

Blanchard is bringing Cooldrive with him to BJR. I am sure that helped as GB Galvanizing will more than likely be gone, or going to Kelly Racing with Wood.

Smart play by Brad. It's his third car. He is just trying to keep it on the track. One cannot expect much success out of it.
...and now I'll go back to my side of the planet.

robhealy86
Senior Official
Senior Official

Post by robhealy86 » Wed Dec 02, 2015 6:20 pm

Mike D wrote:Blanchard is bringing Cooldrive with him to BJR. I am sure that helped as GB Galvanizing will more than likely be gone, or going to Kelly Racing with Wood.

Smart play by Brad. It's his third car. He is just trying to keep it on the track. One cannot expect much success out of it.
That''s exactly right, Mike. Sadly talent alone is not enough to secure a drive in motorsport anymore & there are not enough seats for good drivers without budgets. You have to make ends meet first & foremost and that means taking on pay drivers. Almost every multi-car team in pit-lane has somebody bringing a budget to get a seat. The good news for BJR is that Blanchard is one of the better pay drivers (not mentioning any names Wall & Wood).
kennymiesta wrote:At least they wont have a bloke there who is going to take out the other teams cars anymore. I think Wood hit the BJR cars more than any other car on the track
It's a win-win situation for everyone involved then, kenny. BJR get a better pay driver, Kelly's/Nissan can top up the budget & Wood now has three team-mates to run into!