Site Administrator
Site Administrator
Make: HOLDEN
Driver: Craig Lowndes
Team: Red Bull Racing Australia

Press Release Posting Info

Post by Wiked » Tue Nov 08, 2005 11:49 am

Hi [you],

I have decided to change the way the press releases are posted from now on.

As you will have noticed, we no longer have a seperate 'press release' area. When posting a press release from now on you will just do that in the main part of the forum.

Please make sure that the PR is a relevant one and not just a useless press release that will get no follow up talk and really means nothing.

e.g most of the PR's about teams chances and also how they faired at race meetings mean nothing and are usually are exactly what we are already talking about about in the forum and we don;t need that stuff posted.

Also please cut down the long PR's and leave only the 'juicy' parts as we don't need to be reading more than we have to. Long PR's make very boring reading unless it's an extract of an actual interview etc.

An example of one I posted. This is the original PR
Release Date: 30/10/2005
Pirtek Racing's Marcos Ambrose and his wife Sonja are happy to announce the arrival of their first child. Tabitha Ambrose was born at 1.30pm on the Gold Coast today, weighing in at seven pounds and 11 ounces.

Both Sonja and Tabitha are in good health.

"Everything was just fantastic," said Ambrose, who was present for the birth.

"It was all a pretty amazing experience and Sonja and Tabitha are just great.

"Thankfully Tabitha looks a lot more like her mum than her dad."

Ambrose currently sits second in this year's V8 Supercar Championship Series with two rounds remaining in Symmons Plains Tasmania and Phillip Island.

Ambrose, who has won the last two championships in his Pirtek Falcon, trails Stone Brothers Racing teammate Russell Ingall by 66 points.

Ambrose will leave the V8 Supercar series at the end of this year to chase a career in the US-based NASCAR scene.
Now this is the part I posted
Release Date: 30/10/2005
Pirtek Racing's Marcos Ambrose and his wife Sonja are happy to announce the arrival of their first child. Tabitha Ambrose was born at 1.30pm on the Gold Coast today, weighing in at seven pounds and 11 ounces.

Both Sonja and Tabitha are in good health.

"Everything was just fantastic," said Ambrose, who was present for the birth.
"It was all a pretty amazing experience and Sonja and Tabitha are just great.
"Thankfully Tabitha looks a lot more like her mum than her dad."
Hope you get the idea. We didnt need to know where Marcos sits in the championship table and also that he is going to the USA. We already know this!

If any PR's are posted that the moderator team deem to be unworthy then they will be deleted.

I am sure ober time we will get used to this way so the MOD team will not be on anyones back until we all get used to it.

Thanks
RIP - Peter Brock [26/2/45 – 8/9/06]